Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Time to Pray

Along with half of America, (according to the vote count), woke up disappointed this morning. But, as I told my kids, it is what it is. We have had a chance. We voted, and the one we chose didn't win. Actually, for me, it's more that the one we didn't want, won. But the election is over and it is now time to move on. 

As far as the president goes, he has been elected into that office. Also, for whatever reason, God has allowed it. So we must pray. I have to say, I haven't done a lot of praying for President Obama in the last 4 years. I've done some, but mostly I've complained. That is wrong on my part. We're not just supposed to pray for the ones we like, but how much more should we pray for the ones that we don't agree with? So I will pray for him, and his family. 

As for my country, these great United States of America. Well, we are no longer "united". We are very much divided and it has been rightly said "United we stand, divided we fall." If we continue in this division, we will fall. It's happening already. But complaining will do us no good. It only makes things worse and we cannot afford for things to get any worse. So I will pray for my country. I ask my brothers and sisters in Christ to join me in praying for our great nation. We, as a country, have strayed away from God because we, as Christians, have strayed away from God. How can we ask our country to turn back from God if we will not?  The Christian life is not about going to church to "feel good", then living every other second of our lives however we want. We have made our own gods, whether it be sports, tv, movies, other people, shopping, or just plain making ourselves gods. We worship so many things other than God. We put so much before Him. It's our fault. We must turn back to Him. Humble ourselves, admit that we've done wrong and live for Him once more. Look it up. God gave us His word and its all right there. Only when we turn our hearts fully back to God, will our country see what they've been missing and want a relationship with Him as well. 

Now for the comfort. We know where it comes from. In the midst of any trial or heartache. Whatever our issue is or how big it may be, there's always one comfort. That is our Heavenly Father. He is ultimately in control no matter what happens here on earth. We can have peace and joy through it all. Because no matter who lives in the White House in Washington, DC, our awesome God sits on The Throne in Heaven! He trumps all else. Nothing has power over Him, nothing! Praise Him for all He has done and all He will do. Praise Him because HE IS! He was, He is, and He always will be. What more can we ask for? 

The verses that gave me such peace this morning... 
Isaiah 44:6-8 
This is what the Lord says—
    Israel’s King and Redeemer, the Lord Almighty:
I am the first and I am the last;
    apart from me there is no God.
Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it.
    Let him declare and lay out before me
what has happened since I established my ancient people,
    and what is yet to come—
    yes, let them foretell what will come.
Do not tremble, do not be afraid.
    Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago?
You are my witnesses. Is there any God besides me?
    No, there is no other Rock; I know not one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment